We collect information you provide to us
For example, we collect information when you purchase a product or service, create an account, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer service, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information you may provide includes:
· Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
· Payment information (including billing address, and bank account information); and
· Account log-in credentials (username, password, etc).
We may also collect other information from or about you, such as information about what products or services you purchased, your interests, and demographic information. You may also provide us with additional information.
We also automatically collect information about your interactions with, and use of the Services as well as devices on which the Services used and accessed.
When you visit the Services, we may collect certain information from you, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time of your visit, browser type, operating system, referral URL, the specific web pages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. In addition, we may collect information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Services, the number of times you return to the Services and other clickstream data.
We may track how, and how often you use our Services, including which menus you use, pages you view, or search results you click on. You may interact with our support team during the use of our Services, in which case, we would collect information about your communications.
We may also use web beacons on the Services, in our emails, and in our advertisements on other websites. Web beacons are tiny graphic images that are used to collect information about your Services visit, such as the pages you view and the features you use, as well as information about whether you open and/or act upon one of our emails or advertisements. We may also collect the URL or the website you visited immediately before coming to Services. Web beacons help us analyze our Services’ visitors’ behavior and measure the effectiveness of the Services and our advertising. We may work with service providers that help us track, collect, and analyze this and other site usage information.
We may combine any information we collect, including through cookies and web beacons, with other information we have collected from you.
How do we use the information we collect?
Legal Lens has the right to use your personal information in such cases described below:
1. To improve the Services or build new services;
2. To personalize your experience;
3. To fulfill your requests;
4. To display relevant advertising;
5. To provide customer service;
6. To create backups and allow for disaster recovery;
7. To comply with legal obligations;
9. To send you account notifications and updates about your Services;
10. To encourage feedback
11. To maintain User Accounts
12. To detect and protect against error, fraud, malicious activity, or other suspicious or criminal activity.
13. To authenticate your identity and access to the Services;
14. To create an export of your Personal Information based on your authorization;
15. To de-indentify your data to create aggregate information which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
Legal Lens has the right to disclose, share, or transfer your personal information to others in such cases described below:
1. We may share your information with third parties, but only to the extent necessary to provide you with the Services.
2. We may share your information with employees or contractors of Legal Lens, but only to assist them in fulfilling their functions as employees or contractors.
3. When you give your consent to do so: for example, when we tell you that the information you provide will be shared in some way and you provide us that information.
4. When we are authorized or legally required to do so or that doing so is necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including but not limited to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders.
5. In connection with any merger, transfer or sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, or similar transaction or circumstance, your information to any successors-in-interest in the event that Legal Lens is acquired by, sold to, merged with, or transferred to a third-party Some or all of your personal information provided to Legal Lens could be amongst the assets transferred.
Email and SMS Information
If you choose to correspond with us through our Website or via email we may retain the content of your messages together with your email address, other included information, and our responses.
The security of your information
Legal Lens takes reasonable measures designed to protect the information that is collected from or about you from accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, interference, or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, Legal Lens cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
Children and Our Services
Our services are not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the age of 18. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country.
Your Data Collection Choices
How we respond to "Do Not Track" Signals
Your online browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. Our Services do not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. If you would like to find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.